Idler Instruction Sheet
Operating & Maintenance Instructions
NOTE: BOLTS “T” MUST BE LOOSENED TO ADJUST TENSION
BOLTS “T” MUST BE LOOSENED TO ADJUST TENSION
INSTALLATION: RIGHT -- HAND MOUNTING
1. With proper length belt, place belt over idler and move backstand base until arm of idler is at approximately 11 o’clock as shown. Mark the front and back edges of bas on the mounting surface.
2. Align contact and idler pulleys with straight edge. Install bolts at center of slots in base, for additional adjustment.
3. With base bolted to the mounting surface, and belt removed, loosen bolts “X” . Move idler arm to an “at rest” position of 1 to 3 o’clock. Belt width determines setting . . . narrow width approximately 1 o’clock, with 3 o’clock for wider belts. Tighten bolts “X” securely to avoid slippage.
IMPORTANT: BEFORE BACKSTAND IDLER CAN BE USED, BOLTS “X” MUST BE TIGHTENED SECURELY.
INSTALLATION: LEFT -- HAND MOUNTING
1. Follow procedure as in right-hand instruction except locate base on mounting surface with arm at approximately 1 o’clock as in sketch of left hand view.
2. Same as for right-hand.
3. Same as for right-hand except at rest position would be 9 to 11 o’clock, with narrow belt at 11 o’clock.
On both left-hand and right-hand mountings, tracking knob may be removed, and tracking adjustment extended to the machine by means of a 3/8” rod and a universal joint.
G&P MODEL SBS BACKSTAND
TO CHANGE FROM RIGHT HAND TO LEFT HAND
1.Loosen Lever “a” and remove pulley-shaft assembly “B” and “D” and replace on other side of arm “C”.
2.Loosen bolts “T” , remove arm and shaft assembly, and install opposite end of shaft “J” on same side of lever “K”.
3.Interchange outside nut “Z” and knob “W”.
TO TENSION SPRING
1.Slip belt over idler pulley
2.Loosen bolts “T”
3.Pull handle to tension belt
4.Rotate shaft “J” about 1/3 to 1/2 turn
5.Tighten bolts “T”